Saturday, May 5, 2012

HEY YA'LL!

  Welcome to my site, come on in and make yourself at home! My website should be different than anything else you have ever seen, it's pretty much a combination of my interests and experiences mixed with a little dash of magic....ok so maybe there's no magic about this site...but I'd like to think so ;) haha!

  I like to consider myself an old fashioned girl. "The Vintage Cowgirl" would be the best title to describe myself. I believe that being old fashioned is something to be proud of and I want other young women to be proud of it as well. There is a place in this world for like minded people who love God, vintage, antiques, horses, and the country lifestyle. I would like my website to be a haven for such people as myself to come together and share what they have learned or are learning.

A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF:

  I grew up in old farm houses in small farming and ranching communities on the grassy plains of Southern Colorado. My childhood was filled with warm sunny days, picnics on the green grass, lady bug hunts, and staring at the sky watching the clouds come to life in various delightful creatures. I still love all of these pastimes! I plan on being forever young. J

  I have just recently moved to Cleburne, Texas just south of Fort Worth. So far I am loving it, the weather here is so gorgeous! With the amount of trees that grow here and some swampy areas you could easily imagine being in the deep south, sometimes when I am looking off into the trees and vining plants I can almost see Confederates lying in wait to surprise the unknowing Union soldiers! My imagination is already running wild, and I’m planning some photo shoots…they should be coming soon.

  In the meantime I am looking forward to learning more about the area, going to rodeos, and antiquing. I want to get involved with restoring buildings and houses in town and the local area, so wish me luck on finding that!





RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:

  I really enjoy cooking especially Chuckwagon cooking. I volunteer for rodeos, fairs and country festivals. I also love antiques, retro makeup, clothing, and hairstyles. I love history especially about my family or the Wild West!

My Role Models:

  • My Dad and Mom have to be number one on this list. :)
  • My grandmothers
  • John Wayne
  • Sam Elliott
  • Loretta Lynn
  • Dale Evans
  • And all of my ancestors or historical figures that I've always admired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou