Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Natural Beauty Products

Natural Beauty Products
 
I've had some questions recently about natural beauty products and what I use. Most all of what I put on my face (at the least, I also use a couple things on my hair that are natural...I haven't explored too much in the hair realm as of yet) is natural, homemade, or organic, etc.
 
The results that I have may not be the same as yours since we all have different skin types, allergies, and so on. Feel free to do some research of your own, and I hope that this post helps you do that!
 
1. Honey and Sugar Scrub:
 
 



 
Mix honey and lemon together to make a paste. (Mix more sugar if you need to exfoliate more...or mix less sugar and more honey if you have sensitive skin.) This I use with cold water once a day, sometimes twice. It makes your skin feel so soft and invigorated.
 
Another tip is mixing some lemon into your scrub to brighten your skin and to minimize the appearance of dark spots.
 
One of the cool things about this scrub is you can exfoliate your lips while you're at it to remove the dead skin cells that create dry and chapped lips. Plus if you get it inside your mouth you aren't going to die or have a severe reaction like most products. Plus it's yummy ;)
 
2. Moisturizing: I like to apply honey on my face and leave it set for a half hour to an hour, then rinse off with cold water. Sometimes I mix a little bit of milk or cream into the honey and then slather it onto my face. It really does give you a lot of moisture without the oily and shiny residue.
 
If I'm lazy then I apply Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion. This stuff works wonders on my skin and I love it!
 
 
3. Dry scalp or dandruff?
 
  Use good old fashioned nasty smelling Listerine! It works, it moisturizes my scalp and gets rid of dandruff.
 
4. Toothpaste:
 
  I use baking soda...I know it's nasty tasting! But it does do the trick for whitening and disinfecting. Have you tried it with a bit of peppermint oil? It makes all of the difference.
 
 
  It feels like I had more that I was going to write about...but my brain decided to shut off. lol If I remember anything I will just have to do another post!
 
Adios,
 
Jessie Lou
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou