Thursday, July 25, 2013

Old Time-Old Fashioned County Fair

I need help!!!

  I have been trying to find info on country/county fairs, festivals, summer fun in the country from the good ol'days, etc. And I can't find anything!

  I would love it if any of you gals out there could help me? I just feel like we should be participating with our neighbors and friends more. I remember there being all kinds of things that the farmers and ranchers organized when I was little in Fowler, Colorado and that area, but I just can't seem to find anything that is still running....and I can't find any idea for recipes, games, etc.

  If any of you have anything to share please let me know. I know that what I am asking might be pretty vague, but any help would be appreciated :) Even pictures or videos would be most welcome!

  I remember all kinds of food goodies in Fowler, CO. for their Missouri Days, blue grass bands, two-step and country swing dancing, a parade where the firemen threw candy out at the kids, games like the bean bag toss and the one where you fish over a cardboard wall. Bake sales, and the farm ladies with their cute little gingham and flowered baking accessories (like the pie covers, etc.), BBQ, and so much more that I wish I remembered! It seemed like a little piece of heaven that has now vanished along with events in other towns and states.

  So please, any ideas that you can give me would be so very sweet of you. Thank you again, and I hope that y'all have a beautiful and blessed day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou