Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dale Evans









I absolutely love Dale Evans! She was always a lady but no one could ever push her into anything. She would fight for what she believed in and was independent enough that if Roy couldn't rescue her she would find a way out of her captures clutches. She was one smart cookie with beautifully powerful singing pipes. She is an inspiration to girls and women even today. To learn more about Dale Evans and Roy Rogers visit: http://www.royrogers.com/ or wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Evans

"Cowgirl is an attitude, really. A pioneer spirit, a special American brand of courage. The cowgirl faces life head on, lives by her own lights, and makes no excuses. Cowgirls take stands. They speak up. They defend the things they hold dear. A cowgirl might be a rancher, or a barrel racer, or a bull rider, or an actress. But she’s just as likely to be a checker at the local Winn Dixie, a full-time mother, a banker, an attorney, or an astronaut.”
- Dale Evans Rogers

Amen to that Dale! Welcome cowgirls! Whether you always have been one, not sure yet, or just becoming one. This is your country, COWGIRL COUNTRY.

2 comments:

  1. I just adore Dale Evans, too! She's the ultimate in vintage cowgirl sartorial inspiration, and was a stellar actress to (cowboy) boot!


    Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching Dale Evans and Roy Rogers movies growing up, I always wished that I could sing like her.

      What darling cowgirl outfits she wore! I love how she took the latest makeup and hair styles and applied them to the cowgirl's life. I believe that it helped spark interest in the country/western lifestyle during the 1950's. The romance of it all out weighed the hardships when portrayed to movie audiences, and personally I believe that's the reason why we all keep plugging along on our ranches, farms, hobby farms, or what have you. We only reminisce on the beautiful moments not just the day to day grind.

      I hope that you have a beautiful weekend too! Is the weather warm where you are?

      Adios!
      Jessie Lou

      Delete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou