Sunday, June 3, 2012

LEMON TREE!

Lemon Tree!!!





I have been wanting to own a lemon tree my whole life! This dream started when I was probably about 5 years old?


My mother is from Southern California and grew up around all sorts of citrus trees, I heard of these citrus trees growing up. And then went for a visit to a family friends house who had quite a few lemon trees growing on the rolling country side behind his home. I remember picking lemons in the misty California morning, the pungent smell of the lemons is something that I will remember for the rest of my life.

 Living in Colorado I was never able to grow one......since moving to Texas I have seen tons of them at gardening stores....so guess what Mom and I went and bought yesterday? A LEMON TREE!!!! I will be planting it tomorrow in the front yard near my bedroom window so that I can smell the lemons in the morning, I will try to fill ya'll in on how the planting goes and how it looks when finished. I'm sorry this post sounds a little scattered but I wanted to post pics before I run off to church. Have a blessed Sunday and I will be writing again tomorrow!

Adios,
Jessie Lou


The Lemon Tree: Kind of tiny right now, but all it needs is love!


The Baby Lemon: It's still green ;)




2 comments:

  1. Hey Jesse Lou,thanks for the sweet comment at my blog. And I LOVE the name of your blog. Vintage and cowgirl.. how can you go wrong? Im totally a wanna-be cowgirl. :) Consider me your 4th follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thanks! The name just came to me one day and I thought that it was perfect. It for sure describes who I am.

      I love your blog btw! I plan on being an old fashioned housewife one day, so your blog is a sea of information for me!

      Have a wonderful evening!
      Jessie Lou

      Delete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou