Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Whole Lotta' Country Series Part 1 The Perfect Man

I don't own the rights to this picture.


Whole Lotta' Country Series Part 1:

THE PERFECT MAN
The Cowboy

The perfect man...(well atleast in my eyes) ;) wears Wrangler jeans, a cowboy hat, a button down shirt tucked in with a belt around his waist. Oh, and you can't forget those boots! Add a little dust and the smell of a horse and I'm a goner.

Why is that the image that I have of the perfect man? First off I grew up in a small ranching and farming community where this was every day attire, lived near the State Fair, and my daddy dresses like this as well. The traditional cowboy attire spells quintessential real man to me, not that all of the men that dress like this are "real" men...but a good majority of them that I have known or met fit the bill.

I'm not a fan of the current cowboy fads. Meaning the baggy pants and long haired bullrider, or the rock n' roll t-shirt and skinny jeans with cowboy boots wearin punk.

I can't tell you how fast my head whips around when I glimpse a cowboy hat, or how my ears perk up as soon as I hear boots or spurs. Let me tell ya cowgirl, I've come down with the sickness ;) One thing that you have to realize though, I love the entire life style that comes along with that man. You can't have the look without the life!

Ok, so that's my thoughts on the attire of a cowboy. I could write a whole lot more on the subject in this post, but I would rather just write another post for ya'll at a later date. Maybe one about the utilitarian uses of the cowboy attire, and tools of the trade? Be looking for more from me! I'm feeling a blogging frenzy coming on, so you might just get a post about how beautiful of a day today was here in the lone star state, and maybe some cowgirl musings at the very least :)

Adios amigos! Happy trails to you, till we meet again!

Jessie Lou


P.S. This is all just my own opinion, I know lots of gals that feel the same as myself, and those that enjoy the more modern cowboy attire. To each his own!



I don't own the rights to this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou