Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Update On My Life and The Goings On Here at The Ranch

  I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I did for sure. Lots of good friends, family, swimming, dancing, cowboy singing, amazing summer food, and of course the Lone Ranger movie! I loved it, I just have to say. I seriously can't believe why the reviews are so awful, idk maybe my opinion isn't worth much but I found it a really entertaining and funny movie. I also thought that it had some mind blowing action scenes, which is pretty rare in the western realm. Hopefully it will spark the interest of those that have not grown up watching westerns, I so wish that there were more westerns in the movie theaters these days. If you want a good laugh (it was a little bizarre at times, so be aware of that) and you love Johnny Depp....btw Army Hammer was pretty awesome himself....then please watch this! You just might enjoy it. Definitely don't listen to the critics.

  I will be starting to teach beginner riding lessons if anyone is interested as well :) Just shoot me an email at thevintagecowgirl90@gmail.com if you are interested in having your littles taught, and I will give you all of the info.

  My Cowgirl Garden has been coming along really nicely, and everything is growing very well. I've started some Mexican beans, sunflower seeds, sweet basil, and oregano on my window sills. I transplanted the first round of sunflower seeds in larger pots out on the front porch in the sun, can't believe how good they look! The second round is starting to pop up out of the dirt, I will be transplanting those here soon as well. The sweet basil needs to be transplanted to larger containers tomorrow as well. So happy :)

  I bought an antique old fashioned ice cream maker at an antique store when my cousin was visiting. I have been looking for one of these forever! My dad and I have been dreaming of making homemade ice cream for years, since he remembers it and misses it a lot! I will be looking for any good recipes or instructions, do any of y'all have any that you would be willing to share?

  Well enough of the writing jazz, here are some pics of one of my brothers and I riding/grooming/washing/and roping off of our horses.





 
 




Adios,
Jessie Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou