Saturday, September 15, 2012

Just A Lil' Thought



  Ever wonder that if we had cleaner minds, had kinder thoughts, and wanted to think the best of people what our world would be like? Did you ever realize how hard, back breaking work makes a difference? Keeping ourselves busy with what is important and seeing something grow, or building something, or raising a child and seeing things from their perspective can change the way that you think. That being happy and positive and staying that way instead of being depressed, or wanting to be negative I think that we could make this an amazing life. We need to change our way of thinking, how we think of ourselves and how we think of others. If we do this then we automatically change the way that we treat others.

  Why do we trade in joy for horror? Positivity for the negative side? Happiness for sadness? Are our lives that awful? Have people hurt us so much that we are unable to live our lives with joy and think well of our neighbors? Even if we are persecuted by others, count that as a little sacrifice. A sacrifice that might just earn you a special place in heaven.

  Did you ever stop to think that maybe the person that is persecuting you, and was spreading gossip or rudeness maybe has something in their lives that is making them act out? Did you ever stop to pray for that person and forgive them? Just try it one time, it might feel corny or weird to you at first. Keep trying, it gets easier. Stop to reflect on the way the grass shines when the sun hits it, how peaceful the buzzing of a bee can really be, how the laughter of a child can brighten your day and make you smile. Find gestures of kindness to counter act those of rudeness and thoughtlessness. Let me know if you try this, I guarantee things will get easier.



People are often unreasonable, illogica, and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish,ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good that you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best  you have and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

MOTHER THERESA

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more.
    We all have days we complain or whatever, but over all, if everyone learned to be happier and more forgiving it would be fantastic...
    Not just in our comfort zones either - this would have to be in every area... that's where it gets tricky.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so hard to think of how others are feeling or to change your state of mind when you are frustrated or aggraveted about something. If we all took just a little more time to calm down and think, then the world would be a happier place. Typically I think that we are all just way too dramatic. ;) That doesn't help anything!

      That's why always thinking kindly of others and wishing them the best works so well. You don't automatically think that someone is persecuting you or your beliefs. This is a hard one for most people that I know including myself!

      Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree--and try to live life this way--but in this world, it's so frustrating to see so many taking advantage of others. I'm printing out this post to remind me to stay true to myself, even when I'm frustrated! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating in this world! I just couldn't handle how people are treated, or how we treat others sometimes. So I just had to post this the other day to keep some portion of my sanity ;) I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And wow, it's print worthy didn't think it was that good :) Have a blessed week!

      Adios,
      Jessie Lou

      Delete
  3. I forgot to tell you--I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! You don't know what it means to me! :)

      Delete
  4. This is the way I've always tried to live my life...I look at life differently than many others and they say I'm wierd because of it and my husband teases me for looking at life through "rose colored glasses". I tell him I like me glasses and they've done me well all of my life. I know there are much darker forces out there and the Lord has special people to handle that side of life. I've always felt a calling to keep wonder alive in my life and I know that's what the Lord wants me to do. Just because I don't buy into the darkness doesn't mean I don't know it's there, I just choose to not let it drag me in without the light. And, BTW...we handed out the lyrics to It's a Wonderful Life at our wedding, played the song, and everyone sang along at our reception! Too bad Good Morning Vietnam put a dark spin on that wonderful song. Keep up the good work, Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that! I always try to think innocently, which makes people think that I am naive and weak. Now I'm not going to say that I'm not naive, but I am certainly not weak. Just because I want to see life as a beautiful thing and the world as a loving place doesn't mean that I am naive and weak. The world is what we make it, if we want to see people as evil and conniving then they will be. It's the same when we look at ourselves, we cannot be any better than we believe we can be. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if we see things as beautiful then they will be.

      Talk about being naive but, I have no idea what Good Morning Vietnam did to the song...as a matter of fact I have no idea what Good Morning Vietnam is! I guess you can tell when I was born! haha! Fill me in on what happened. Because that is an amazing song and it would be horrible to change that :(

      Thank you Sherie for you comment! I'm tryin ;)

      Delete
  5. The Golden Rule has always been pivotal to my life, no matter how others have treated me or those I love, I have strove to keep my chin up, be kind and to try to see both sides of any any situation before saying something that might hurt the other person. There's nothing fundamentally hard about this approach to life, yet it's one that I too so often feel is, by and large, lacking from our modern world.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou