Friday, July 6, 2012

!!!Country Fried Chicken!!!

                 And who couldn't love this man? <3


I decided that while I was sitting here enjoying a John Wayne oldie ("An Innocent Man" to be exact) I would post pics of our dinner the other night and explain each one.

On the Menu:

  • Country Fried Chicken
  • Bacon Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • Homemade Bread
  • Salad with Italian Dressing
THE COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN

Tenderize chicken with tenderizer mallet...it makes the chicken a lot thinner and easier to fry.

Dip the chicken in flour, then in buttermilk, and then back into the flour. Now you can fry it!






I used canola oil in a cast iron skillet to deep fry these. I wasn't sure if it would work but it did amazingly! Also, make sure that your stove setting isn't too high and that you turn these over regularly. Before taking out of the pan cut down the center and make sure that the chicken is cooked.



The finished meal! Sorry for the paper plate...we didn't want to have to wash dishes afterwards ;)

Hope ya'll enjoyed the pictures! You hungry yet?





2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, you've got me salivating something fierce over here. This recipe - and the whole menu - sounds absolutely fantastic. Many yummy thanks for sharing it with us.

    Oodles of thanks, too, my dear, for your lovely birthday wishes, I really appreciate them.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the recipe and pics had that effect! Because the dinner was truelly amazing! I decided to make somewhat of a "southern" meal and just came up with this idea and recipes! I swear we all gained atleast 5 pounds with this dinner! Joking!

    You're welcome! Hope that you have a lovely weekend!

    <3 Jessie Lou

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou