Friday, February 8, 2013

Ranch House Happenings



  Good morning ya'll! I'm sitting here writing this while one of my brothers cooks a late breakfast/early lunch. I guess you could call it the rancher's brunch lol, meaning we didn't have time to eat breakfast earlier this morning and we might not have time to eat lunch, we had a short break in work so we took the opportunity! He's making Cowboy Scramble, he's throwin everything in that he can find. :) Scrambled eggs, potatoes, pinto beans, and tomatoes...everything with seasoning of course. We are all good cooks in our own right here at the Bates Bunkhouse, so this should be good eatin!

  Ok, so the reason for our eating late. The chicks came into the post office yesterday, we had to fore go our classes so that we could pick them up. They need to be kept in a warm container between 90-95 degrees for the first few days after they are born, and day old chicks just won't survive in a little box in the post office for very long. Things went fairly smoothly yesterday, except needing another heat lamp to keep them warm, which simply meant another trip to the hardware store. But this morning we had to make a run to Tractor Supply, the temp had gone down into the 40's so the temp in the chick bin was down to 75 degrees! The poor babies were huddled together trying to stay warm. Now that we have them all settled again inside the house with a smaller chick bin and two heat lamps we are able to munch on something. But who knows what the rest of the day will bring, will try to keep all of ya'll updated. I love the spontaneity of living out in the country! It's always something new, and life is such a surprise. Take care amigos!

Adios!
Jessie Lou

1 comment:

  1. There is so, so much truth to that quote. Animal rights are a cause that is immensely near and dear to my heart, and even when people aren't cruel/abusive to their animals (thankfully), I still can't help but find myself watching to see how well they tend to, care for, and express their love for their pets.

    Thank you very much for commenting on my petting zoo post from last year, dear gal. How cool that you're contemplating getting some bunnies again. I've never kept them before, but would soooo love to one day well. Please post pics if you do get some bunnies - I'd love to squeal and swoon over them! :)

    Big hugs & happiest Valentine's Day wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou