Saturday, March 16, 2013

Country Western Dancing: Skirts/Dresses VS. Jeans

  Howdy!
  With rodeo season just around the corner I'm just itching to go dancing! I love love LOVE to dance in a swirly skirt or dress, but I'm usually the only one on the dance floor not clad in jeans.

  I thought that I would do a 3 part series on clothing for dancing just for fun. The first one is Skirts/Dresses VS. Jeans, the second part will be Dancing in Skirts: What You Need and What You Need to Know, and the final and third part will be These Boots Were Made For Dancin'. I hope that you enjoy them!

  Ok so, everyone wears jeans anymore. You never see women wearing a dress or a skirt. When I do I always have to tell them how beautiful their outfit is or something of the kind. I think that as women we are now afraid to be feminine. The cool thing about a Cowgirl is the fact that we take pride in not being afraid, not being afraid of being a woman, of hard work, and of dirt. I fail to see why the modern day cowgirl is afraid of being seen as a girly girl and will not wear anything but jeans.

  I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that not only do women wear jeans because of comfort, it's also considered "sexy". Everything these days goes under that too often used term. So when we dress up and go dancing we automatically throw on that pair of...wait for it....sexy jeans.

  I can't tell you how many guys have thanked me for wearing a skirt. This usually happens right after a dance. Guys love to see girls wearing skirts/dresses, they love the swish of a skirt when you walk or dance. It's almost magical the mystery that encompasses such a simple thing as a skirt, and jeans just don't do that. It's all out there for everyone to see, no mystery behind that!  No intrigue, etc. etc. You wind up with men that are bored, I thought that we were supposed to be different ya'll? Ok so down off of my soap box, I just have a lot to say and I love to say it ;) Got to love oppinionated women!

  Down to business. The skirt and jeans business to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I wear jeans quite a bit, I love them. And I've also worn them dancing. But usually it's for line dancing. The one time when it's easier to dance in jeans. Other than that jeans are not my go to for after rodeo dancing or honky tonks. I've also noticed how much respect I gain from the normally tough talking rowdy cowboys. They say yes ma'am, ask me to dance, watch their mouths when I'm around, and the list goes on.

  Want to try something new this Rodeo Season? Try on a skirt, see how much confidence you gain and how much positive attention you get! Learn to love the swirl and swish that will accompany you everywhere, believe me you will fall in love. Need ideas? Check out my pinterest board at Pinterest Fashion Inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou