Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dancing In Skirts: What You Need and What You Need to Know

Howdy gals!

  Sitting here smelling the corned beef and cabbage cooking! Love that smell! Thought that I would post this to keep my mind off of the food. It's not all quite done cooking yet, it's just to that "It's smells so good that it's torture point!"

  So far part two of my summer dancing series, what you need and what you need to know about wearing skirts while country western dancing.

  What you have to allow for is the accidental "skirt flying over your head" factor. Ok so maybe that's a little drastic, but it does fly up at times. It's just nice to be prepared for it, what I do is wear some gym shorts, swim shorts, leggings, etc. under the skirt. This works nicely for flips and spins as well as any other crazy fun dance moves.

  Also those long tall socks of yours should be switched out for shorter ones (sometimes I don't even wear any socks lol) when wearing them with boots, skirts, and dresses. Unlike when you wear jeans you will be able to see down your boots at your socks, just not as cute. Just sayin.

  Make sure that your skirt fits snuggly at your waist, slippage is an awful pain. Also, the swishier and fuller the skirt the better. You don't want to try dancing in a tight skirt. Now go out and have fun! If you have any questions about this post please let me know and I will try to answer them the best that I can.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou