Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Very Vintage Cowgirl Bathroom Re-Model

Howdy gals!

  So I'm working on our 1955 ranch house bathroom here in North Texas. I thought that I would share some pics with you, and some ideas for the future. If you have any ideas please feel free to comment or message me, I would love to hear them!

  I've been looking on pinterest and googling retro-ranch bathrooms. And I think that I have a pretty good idea of what I want.

  This is what I'm working with: the walls are all in original white tile up to a certain point, and then the rest is in a light/pale pastel green. The counter top around the sink is also that 1950's white tile that I love, complete with a large mirror....having a large family I love that idea! No one has to fight to get ready for church or a rodeo.
  The cabinets and drawers are large and spacious. Although they are all completely white...not necessarily a good thing to have with cowboys around, but oh well! I'll make it work!

  And this is what I want:  I had sewn some horse shower curtains a few years ago for another house that we were living in. I loved them and couldn't wait to use them again! I had some left over fabric so I made some curtains for the windows, thank goodness I had just enough to finish those. I love how the greens in the curtains don't clash with the green on the walls.

  I loooove yellow roses, so I thought a Yellow Rose of Texas theme would be appropriate. I'm also planning on hanging some sepia photos, I haven't made up my mind whether it will be vintage photos or if I will dress in vintage and create the photos myself.

  The cabinets are really actually very nice, I'm just tired of the plain old white. So I've got an idea. They already do need some tender love and care just like you would expect from any old ranch house. So the plan is....sand and re-paint white. Add new (or old) door knobs instead of the tackily white and pastel green painted ones that are on there now. As a child and teenager I loved to draw and paint vining flowers....so why not paint those on the drawers and doors?! In a yellow and green of course ;)

  And then add some new tile to the floors! The old peeling linoleum needs to go!

 


Any ideas? Let me know! Until then adios!

Jessie Lou


The shower curtain. I used button holes to put the hooks into. The hooks are a copper finish and compliment the chestnut horses!

Love the print!

Thinking that I need to get a vanity stool, yes? This is just a rough picture right now. Oh and those cups that are near the sink....they were thrifted and an amazing find! They have roping cowboys on the front. I figured they would work well in the bathroom and help organize the sink area. So one has combs and guy razors and the other holds our toothpaste and tooth brushes. I will try to take a close up pic of them and post in the future.
 

The cabinets. See what I mean about the white? Don't you just think that a few vining yellow flowers would do the trick? With some nice new knobs on there of course ;)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou