Friday, June 14, 2013

The Cowgirl Garden

The Cowgirl Garden


Mornin' gals!

  I've been doing a bit of gardening here recently, still trying to get used to the Texas soil, sun, heat, etc. Whenever you move to a new state or new area you have to take into account the climate and the soil when planting. And North Texas is so vastly different than Colorado! It has seemed like a losing battle at times, not that the challenges here are any worse than what they are in Colorado, just different.

  I have compiled some really cute ideas that I would like to do in our garden along with some pictures of how the garden has come along. You will be seeing a lot more of these posts in the coming months!

Enjoy!
Adios,
Jessie Lou

P.S. I love how long the growing season is here!




So cute!

 
Love this planter idea! Use anything and everything that you have :)
 
 
Awesome idea! If I could only let go of my old boots which are pretty worn out (with holes all throughout the sides) I would def do this! But I love them for walking around in the mud and muck in the stalls.
 
 
One of the first above ground planters, it has an heirloom tomato plant and red onions in it now. We have already picked our first tomato from it!
 
 
Some of my roses :) they are in a tire planter that my dad made. It looks pretty good! No one even knows that it used to be a tire. Love how the colors change on these roses!
 
 
One of the roses close up :)
 
 
One of the yellow roses from the yellow rose bush.
 
 
Idk what kind of plants these are! But I love them! They were here when we moved here, they just pop up everywhere!
 
 
And they get tall!
 
 
Part of our herb garden! Spearmint to the right and parsley to the left. This was planted in an old sink....that thing is darn heavy! I can only drag it, can't lift it at all!
 
 
Tomato and onions!

 
Heirloom Tomato!

 
Can't wait for this one to be ripe! Everything tastes better home grown!

 
Just some pretty flowers that I ended up getting for 50 cents at Lowes because they had a light frost all over them.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Oooh, yummers, those onions and tomatoes are making my mouth water! I want to slice them up thinly with some cucumber, add a little bit of cream and vinegar dressing, and have the perfect summer side or light lunch. Your garden is off to a great start and I just love the ideas you're looking at for inspiration (the welcome sign is a really cute touch - I'd be tempted to do that, too, if I had a garden).

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for all of your great recent comments, hon! I won't be hitting the Calgary Stampede again this year (haven't been since I lived in Calgary several years ago), but hopefully my health will permit the travel involved to head out that way once more one of these summers. In the meantime, there's a few local (well, local as in the general area, not so much our town itself) horse races and a small rodeo which I'll certainly try to get to if possible.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou