Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Edens Edge: Amen Video and New Etsy Shop Item





Hello ladies!

  Here is a beautiful 1950's Day Dress that I just added to my Etsy Shop shop, I found it at an antique store hidden behind some 1990's dresses, had to bring it out into the light! Brought it home hoping that it would fit me, and sadly it's a little large :'( So I am passing on this little treasure to you gals!

 
1950's Day Dress: Marcy Lee of Dallas you can buy it HERE
Pearl 1950's Clip on Earrings: Recycling Time Vintage Store for 50 cents!
Brown braided leather western belt: Thrifted
Boots: Ariat
 


  I love day dresses since they give you a look into the real day to day lives of flesh and blood women. Not the highly priced wardrobes of the Hollywood starlets. No matter how much I love the fashions of Liz, Grace, and Marilyn, I just don't think that I could wear them every day. My daily attire usually requires jeans, or a skirt that I can garden in.

  While I do realize that these styles inspired many a fashion designer or retail company they did not fit into the daily lives of women, just as the modern styles of today (Snooki, Lady Gaga, JLO, etc.) don't fit into riding horses, gardening, house work, cooking, and well...you know the rest ;)

  The beautiful thing about day dresses for me personally is the fact that I can throw on a pair of boots and a western belt and I've created my own "vintage cowgirl chic" style. How do you like to wear vintage staples? And what is your favorite?

 

 


  Be looking for more items to be added to my etsy store since I have been doing some summer cleaning and going to estate sales and antique stores. Oh and also making lots of jewelry. If you would like me to look for an item or custom design something then please feel free to comment, find me on Facebook, Twitter, or you can email me at thevintagecowgirl90@gmail.com

  Talk about "vintage cowgirl chic"? Here's a video that says it!

Eden's Edge: Amen

 
 
 
 
 
Adios!
Jessie Lou
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You the poster child for vintage cowgirl chic, dear gal! I so, so adore this classic 1950s dress (the lace - or lace looking? - details really add an eye-catching dose of interest.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!
Thank you so much for commenting on The Vintage Cowgirl blog! I answer each and every comment.
If you comment and follow my blog and you are the owner of a blog I will surely follow you and comment on your blog!

Again thank you and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Adios,
Jessie Lou